ONLINE

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Musings Of My Broken Heart

                                                  MUSINGS OF MY BROKEN HEART



BY BUNGEI            

Spare me the enchantment

This is a losing hearts tournament

Because I still hear those heartbeat sounds

Despite the blockage of my ears

I hear his muffled cries

I could almost taste his tears

I still feel the guilt and grief tear his heart

I find it hard to ignore this hurt

There were stronger bonds holding us in a fay

However, not anymore-I broke his heart

 

I knew I could never run far enough

Or fast enough form the pain I caused

The pain I felt

He loved me with his soul

Yet I couldnt love him back

I had too much baggage

I knew I would live to regret

Yet I still led him on

 

He had a laugh that made my mouth water

His soft silky skin with a caramel reflection

His subtle scent

His deep brown eyes almost dark

Made the world revolve around me

But that world has been torn apart

The teacup I lived with him

For the few months now leaks

 

Too much pain

Too many broken promises

Too many memories

That chained me to my past

Deep shadows and whispering secrets

An empty soul

I couldn’t do it; my fault not his

So I walked away and kept walking

 With a tainted heart and empty soul

 

No comments:

Post a Comment