ONLINE

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Dear October

                                                        DEAR OCTOBER

By Maria Njoroge .

Hello October, I have been waiting for you. I hope you will be kind to me this month. I have a lot going on and could use a break. I hope you will be sunny and bright, with a few cool days. I love the change in season and look forward to all the activities with it. I hope you will have a shift in energy toward the positives. I know it’s a lot to ask, but I had goals when the year began, and I hope you will help me keep crushing them.

 Let us make a few house rules, so you do not end up like your sister September and all her siblings before her. She made me cry and mop, and I felt like it was a downward spiral. But you, my new love October, are just a darling. I intend to conquer the world with you. We will go places together, and I will be the best person you have ever met. Just promise that you will pull me out of the deep end evetime I lose control.

It would help if you did not think this is a one-sided relationship where you do all the work. No, no. It is symbiotic. You are the darling month; I get to do the work. I promise you that I will put myself first at all times.  All that screen time has been a distraction than a constructive tool; I promise to ditch that too. Water, water, I will stay hydrated and remember to take all my meals on time. I mean an appropriate lifestyle that is in line with the goals we want.

You see that ex-boyfriend, entanglement, and friendship I mopped about last month; those habits have to go. For you October, only the best habits will do. I meant it when I said I wanted us to go places. We are to remain more focused, more conscious of our atomic habits, and to hold each other accountable in everything we do. This month, we will be more consistent in building on our talents without procrastinating

Thank you in advance for being a good month.

Yours sincerely,

Me

 

No comments:

Post a Comment