ONLINE

Tuesday 18 October 2022

An Open Letter To My Mom


                            AN OPEN LETTER TO MY MOM


By Hosea Namachanja

Mum,

I recall the incident

As if it is today

So fresh in my head

When you took me to

my aunt while at 8

 

Mum,

You took me there,

because you were going abroad,

For further studies

And the time of return,

It was a nightmare to me

 

Mum,

When you took me there,

I was still peeing on my

beddings

And many time you had

advised to stop

But no change,

 

Mum,

Personally l tried to stop

But my efforts bore no fruits,

Until you left me in the hands

Of my aunt,

 

Mum,

While you were abroad,

Aunty overworked me,

Stripped me off my clothes

When caining me.

And other cccccdays, l slept

Empty stomach

 

Mum,

One day,

 l ped on my

beddings,

Ouch! Aunty became mad

And worked on my tiny butts

To an extent of pulling my

manhood,

Claiming it's the cause of my daily norm

Of urinating on my beddings,

 

Mum,

She pulled my manhood

mercilessly,

Until l later developed

Some pain

When on a short call

 

Mum,

One day,

I excreted some urine,

Mixed with blood stains

But because of aunt's behavior,

I just told my class teacher

Who took me to hospital

 

Mum,

I hated myself

I hated aunty

I hated you

I hated any relative

 

Mum,

Why didn't you took me

to grand-mum Roselyne?

Why did you took me to

aunty?

Why why why mum?

 

Mum,

Do you know that my

Manhood is functionless?

Truly, l desire to love and be

loved but how would l sire?

I desire to be called daddy

And a husband to someone

But how would l sire

If my manhood can't erect?

 

Mum,

Mum

Mum,

Why did you leave me in

the hands of aunty?

As you read this letter, keep

in mind, you killed my dreams

 

Mum,

My friends are dating

My agemates are enjoying the holy dance

My classmates aren’t single

My campus course mates enjoy photoshoots

With their lovers

Oh, mum!

 

Mum,

Sleeping like a Panga and waking up

Like a snake is depressing me

Some churchmates  enquire much about

The love life of your son

Many asks whether I have friends

Others just insist to know my better half

Mum, your son is seriously depressed

 

Mum,                            

You don’t have a happy son

You lost your happy son decades ago

 Your son is loveless. Has no lover

Why date when Fimbo ya Musa is functionless?

Your son has no friends. He’s a loner

Expect no daughter-in-law , no grandchild

 


No comments:

Post a Comment