ONLINE

Saturday 2 October 2021

MY STORY



Days before I had my first kiss on a Friday night

Nights before I knew I could be someone's light

Days before I knew wrong from wrong or rather from right

Nights before I was scared of figures that hide in the shadows

Days before I knew stories could sell,

I was a young poet trying to find the way.


Long before I was a perfect chef,

Way before I hated free things

Long before I had my first heartbreak,

I swore to sketch my own path

Tear the stars out of the sky and carve them onto my skin

Find a home for the falling stars

Drink aged wine, under the warm September sunsets

I was a lover of fictions and love poems.


Days before I loved Friday nights and clubs

Days I loved cheap Boobs and Booze,

Months before I adored voluptuous bodies and oversized booties,

Days before I preferred vodka instead of gin

I was a desperate young poet, who loved with pure intentions

A talented lady whose was shartted to pieces

By a boy I met in a club at 2:00am Saturday morning

Ever since then I have become someone else

I became bitter over missed calls and unread texts

I became a desperate lost soul

I became a total alcoholic and a sucker for feel

I became broken beyond broken

I lost my way, my path my light

I grew a heart colder than my hand 

And malice shaper than a machete. 


Days before I was a judge of character

Way before I loved cigars and weed cookies

Days before I inhaled heroin and became an alcoholic,

Way before I had guts to talk to my crush,

I celebrated birthday and wrote down goals and achievements

But all that is changed now

Ever since I met that toxic in the club that Saturday

I became a very different person.


I learnt to appreciate those around me

Love those who love me in return, celebrate birthdays

Like theres no tomorrow

Happy Birthday to me

For where there is will there's growth.

 By Brenda Bungei

No comments:

Post a Comment