ONLINE

Thursday 18 March 2021

Kiss me slow

 


KISS ME SLOW. 

By Brenda Bungei


To that boy who owns pink lips

I thought I ought to write again

You hold the chasteness of the sunrise

The glamour of the sunset

The midday song thunders in my heart

I long for you ooh owner of pink lips

So that you may hold my hand

Kiss me slow


For us to live the moment

You're a perfect embodiment of love

A true definition of happiness

You make me dazzle at you

And for a moment

I go blind carising that face

Kissing you slow


The quality of your smile impresses

It's warmth draws me naturally to you

My affection for you blinds me

It makes me reach for places I can't go

But when I remember you wore patched shorts

And I wore a tattered dress uniform

Bare feet happily promoted to grade 2

Carrying cans of water to school

And I adore those innocent moments

Days I looked at you and all I could see

was was a pretty childish face

How perversed is the human mind

With deliberation I work to earn you

Owner of pink lips

So incase we meet again

Please kiss me slow

Such that if you'll ever leave

I would remember the boy

Who wore patched shorts

Had pink lips and kissed slow

©Blackraven.


No comments:

Post a Comment