ONLINE

Friday 24 November 2023

END OF AN ERA



By:Mwende Mercy

smitten, conscience smitten, love smitten,

blinded I was, couldn't put up with anyone pointing his mistakes,

how dare they talk ill of my man, of course I was in love,

you know that feeling of rising goosebumps upon his touch,

weird shallow breath as he blows airy kisses on my neck,

trip to the moon as he caresses my body

gosh! so wonderful, amazing.

 

 

like a drug, I was drawn to him, intoxicated to point of no return,

trying to flee as I could, but it could be useless,

still finding a way back, back to my man, my addiction,

wine-like taste was his lips, as he devoured mine,

damn! so hard to forget the crazy euphoria when we merged,

I think it was lust? or maybe it wasn't.

 

 

how could I forget the lingering cologne on his body?

makes me not to let go of his pleasuring memories,

got illusions of his shadows in my room, my bed,

whispers of naughty, nasty words in my dreams,

No! there it goes, the massacred pleasure, digging into my deeper lengths,

repeated strokes then culmination of speaking in tongues as volcanoes erupt.

the grand finale came as a surprise, didn't expect it to be so quick,

all became stories, building up to our past,

ooh! what transpired between us? I don't have a clue about it,

just woke up one day "let's call it quits" informed the note.

 

now I'm overwhelmed with emotions of love and disgust to him,

how could he just let me taste the meal without eating it?

he was my possession, I owned him,

dude just left me flabbergasted, maybe it was sort of wicked love,

bro's memories marked the end of our love era.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment