ONLINE

Thursday 11 February 2021

WHAT WENT WRONG MY HUSBAND?




My husband,

The wound is still raw, raw in my heart

Many years l've stooped to low, low in your presence

But you've kept on hurting me, me with all kind of shit

Today l've decided to unveil, unveil your domestic violence


My husband,

In our courtship, you were well mannered

You loved the church, and God's word

I saw holiness in you, and holy spirit of God

But today, you are doomed


My husband,

Through you, l've suffered

Through you, l've been mocked

Through you, l've moaned

Through you, I've been injured


My husband,

When l was about to deliver our first born

You came home one day smelling wine

And when l enquired, you slapped me several times

What wrong had l done? I cried bitterly


My husband,

See, this left hand of mine, you broke it

14 years down the line, one cold evening

Truly, were you mad or fit?

If it were not my parents' support, would we be shining?


My husband,

Why do you want to curse our children?

Did you support their education?

Blame yourself blame your wine

You used to hurt them, leave them alone


My husband,

Jesus Christ changed water into wine

How could l change sukumawiki into meat?

Or you wanted me to be like Jesus God's son?

Because of what you used to do, they fear you and when they see you, they recall it


My husband,

How many times did they sleep hungry? 

How many times did you pour water in our three stone cooking machine?

How many times l'd you come home peaceful and not angry?

Please don't curse our blessed children


My husband,

If you want lightening of God to strike you, talk ill of our children

Why don't you get satisfied with what they give you?

Remember God is still angry with you man

See, you are a doomed husband who was one time a Christian


@Hosea M Namachanja

No comments:

Post a Comment