ONLINE

Sunday 7 February 2021

DO NOT COME TO MY HOUSE.

 I might be acting all cool with friendships but don't come to my house. See, you might have known me in the past as a social butterfly but what if things changed? What if quarantine changed me ? Or let's reason this way, what if whoever you know outside there is a completely different person to the one you'd meet indoors? Don't come to my house!


Don't get me wrong, it's not like I dislike visitors but what if I'm butt naked with a pair of socks and mask? Would you expect me to dress up just because you're coming to my house? Honestly it's so tiresome dressing up to go out and dressing in to be indoors so if you don't have to, please don't come to my house.

Don't come to my house because I don't live like you. I take cold corn meal with overnight beef stew in the morning and later do snacks at mid day. How will you survive if you come because I'm honestly not taking bread and milk as my first meal? To add it all, I make my corn meal with a mixture of millet and cassava. What will you eat if you decide to disobey my quest and come? With all honesty, I'm not changing my lifestyle for someone who can't stay at his place so please don't come to my house.

Don't come to my house because I listen to one paroga nyasuba all day. What if you love mixing bongo, riddims, blues and reggae? What if you just wanna listen to a well arranged playlist and move from one genre to another? What if you don't love people singing along to music and you'd rather Concentrate on the tunes than the distraction of singing along?  I'll disrespectfully ignore your existence and shake my waist as I sing and do my chores so please stay at your place and don't come to my house.

Listen, I pray straight two hours with worship songs along and sometimes I just wanna be quiet and have no one talk to me. What happens when you come to my house and you wanna watch a movie at my praying time? Are you going to listen to me pray for two hours straight or are you going to stay at your place because heck! You are not gonna listen to me having my private talks with God. Please don't come to my house.

Don't come to my house because I talk to myself a lot. What if you think I'm possessed and go tell everyone that? Look, I'm used to having a meeting with a committee of me, myself and I daily and sometimes we rekon the past and break into loud laughter. What if you get scared or in worst case scenario think that I'm laughing at you? For the sake of your peace, don't come to my house.

Don't come to my house because some nights I skip meals. It's not because I'm intermittent fasting or saving money but there are days when I'm just too tired to cook or not in the mood of eating any food no matter how good it is. What if you're not used to that and you starve to death? For the sake of your own life, don't come to my house.

There are days I don't wanna talk to anyone or have anybody breathe my air. What if I'm in one of those days? Will you carry your own oxygen in a container because you chose to not stay at your place or what will you do? Listen, I know that's hard so please don't come to my house.

What if you come to my house and I don't feel like sharing my meals with you? Look, sometimes I live on a budget and I'm not ready to spend more and sharing the little on my budget is a no too. What are you gonna do? Carry your own food from your place? Because we can all cook,stay at your place and don't come to my house!

Lastly, I invite the people I want to my space, if you don't get an invite from me stay at your place and if you have to see me, plan a date and invite me over. I like meet ups when I'm free, not just at my place so plan one and if you can't, please don't come to my house.

@Mimi_Bree254

No comments:

Post a Comment