ONLINE

Sunday 3 July 2016

Ryan Giggs quits Manchester United

SPORTS

Manchester United club legend Ryan Giggs has called time on his 29-year association with the Old Trafford club.

Giggs in a statement said he leaves Manchester United to pursue new dreams and open a new chapter in his career.
“My final thank you is to the fans. I cannot begin to tell you how much I will miss walking out at Old Trafford in front of you. It’s extremely difficult to say goodbye after 29 years. I have loved every minute both as a player and assistant manager,
 “The support you have always shown me has been phenomenal; thank you. It’s time for a new chapter and a new challenge. I’m excited about the future – I’ve had the best apprenticeship into management anyone could ever ask for.” Giggs said in the statement.

Ryan Giggs quits Manchester United
Giggs decision to quit his childhood club comes after Mourinho had offered him a position at the club’s youth set.


It i believed he has seen the position as a demotion as he had eyed the management positions at the club.

Giggs, in his statement, said he has no immediate plans for management but that is the career he will pursue.
“This is why it is a huge decision for me to step away from the club that has been my life since the age of 14. It has not been a decision that I have made lightly. I’ll take away so many special memories as well as a lifetime of experiences that will, I hope, serve me well in the future. However, the time feels right and, although I have no immediate plans to step into management, it is where I want to be,” Giggs said.

Giggs thanked the fans and  board of Manchester United for their support in his time at the club he also gave thanks for the club for giving him a chance to be an assistant manager at the club.

Giggs also assured the Manchester United fans that in Jose Mourinho they had a great manager and congratulated the Portuguese tactician on his appointment as the new manager at the club.
“I want to congratulate José Mourinho on his appointment as manager of the world’s biggest club. There are only a handful of proven winners at the very highest level and José is unquestionably one of them. I know the fans will welcome him,” Giggs said.
Ryan Giggs quits Manchester United
Ryan Giggs served under Louis Van Gaal as the assistant manager before the Dutchman was fired as club manager.

Ryan Giggs started his career at Manchester United after being given a chance by Sir Alex Ferguson in 1991.

He scored 168 goals for the club as well as winning 13 English Premier League titles with the club.

The Welshman has also won four FA Cups, three League Cups and two Champions League titles with the club.

Giggs also made history by being the first player to win the PFA young players award in two straight years.

No comments:

Post a Comment