ONLINE

Thursday 30 June 2016

Cancer survivor, Rose Nasimiyu now a beautiful teenager

The 9- year old girl, Rose Nasimiyu who captured Kenyans emotions and attention while fighting Hodgkin’s Lymphoma cancer has now grown into a beautiful teenager.
Cancer survivor, Rose Nasimiyu, now a beautiful teenager
Rose Nasimiyu in a 2011 picture as a 9-year-old fighting cancer

The young girl in 2011, wowed Kenyans with her confidence, courage and determination to beat the deadly disease.


Following several appeal funds to help the family and several media appearances, Rose was declared cancer free in 2012.

Rose, now a 14 year old teenager is back in the Kenya from the United Kingdom(UK) where she has been living with her family since 2012.

Cancer survivor, Rose Nasimiyu now a beautiful teenager
Rose Nasimiyu, now a pretty 14-year old teenager and cancer free


It is hard to believe it has been five years already, she remains confident and upbeat during an interview conducted by eDaily.

Years after beating cancer, Rose still oozes with encouragement to cancer patients urging them to have faith and believe in life after the disease.
“I have been cancer-free for three years now, though I have been suffering a couple of illnesses here and there. But I have been fine for the past six months without falling ill at all. I really thank God for that,” Rose said as quoted by eDaily.
Rose who is now in high school, still maintains her budding singing career and hopes to become an oncologist when she grows up.
“I still want to become a doctor one day. Chemistry is one of my favorite subjects. I look forward to it every single week. I love Science…..The doctor who attends to me really inspires me, and how he talks to me makes me want to become an oncologist even the more” she added.
Watch the full interview below;
FULL INTERVIEW WITH ROSE NASIMIYU, A CANCER SURVIVOR




No comments:

Post a Comment