ONLINE

Wednesday 9 March 2016

I am tired of 'boring' criticism-ARSENE WENGER AHEAD OF HULL CITY FA MATCH


By JEMEDARI Mwanawakiume

Arsene Wenger has passionately defended his post as Arsenal manager and says he has become tired of people criticising him over his performance.
Wenger, aged 66, has been tolerating calls from supporters and pundits to to end his long reign with the Emirates side.

This season, the run of the Arsenal towards the league has been good from onset till recently when they wavered.

Thus, in the recent recent weeks, he has been slapped by a fresh wave of criticism after the team’s Barclays Premier League title hopes were hindered by some poor results.

Sky Sports pundit Graeme Souness referred to Arsenal “weak and insipid” and said they “bordered on a joke” when they fall to Man-United last month.

But Wenger, who is now the long serving manager now in English Premier League came out fighting fiercely when asked if the team’s supporters react over the remainder of the season would affect his thoughts over signing a new contract at the Emirates side, with his current deal expiring next summer.

Look, I have worked here for 19, 20 years and I’m always sitting here having to justify that I’m good enough to do the job. I have no problem to cope with everything but I find that a bit boring in the end. I always have to convince you that I am good enough. I worked for 35 years at the top level. What I find just boring is always sitting here after 19 years to face, ‘Do you think you are good enough?’ If I am not, somebody will tell me ,” he said at his news conference ahead of an FA Cup fifth-round replay at Hull.

Arsenal drew 2-2 draw at Tottenham on March 6, and this pleased some fans considering it was a derby.

Arsenal fans reacted angrily to the 2-1 home loss to Swansea in the Arsenal’s previous encounter.
And Wenger has insisted that he will go about his job as usual and turn deaf ear on the boring critics.

I am not on Twitter. I don’t invite anybody to go out to dinner and be nice with them. I work and work and work and work. If it’s not good enough someone will tell me one day. That’s all I can do. I do not worry what you say about me or what fans say about me. I try to do my job in a proper way and with full commitment. After that everybody has the right to have an opinion ,” he added.
Arsenal face Hull City in FA Cup reverse fixture after the two teams registering a stalemate at Emirates two weeks ago.

The Frenchman has always been under criticism for finishing top four for the last 13 years instead of clinching the league trophy.

In Champions League, Real Madrid welcome Roma while Wolfsburg will be hosts to KAA Gent.

No comments:

Post a Comment